On Friday, January 15th, MYRA students attended a virtual guest-lecture titled “What Recruiters Look For”
It was delivered by Vikas Dua, Chief HR Mentor at Attayn and Advisor to the BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Vikas is an accomplished HR and recruitment professional with over 18 years of experience in both start-ups and large corporations like Wipro and Concentrix – and has helped recruit over 120,000 people! He is also a TEDx speaker and writes regularly about HR practices for global publications. He is also an honorary Council Member of the Federation of World Academics, a body that works towards enhancing industry-academic collaboration.
In the webinar, it was mentioned that today’s recruiters look for candidates who…
- Have a strong understanding of their MBA coursework and key management frameworks.
- Are knowledgeable about the history and current affairs – and have opinions about the future of business and the economy.
- Understand the needs of the company they are interviewing for.
- Are able to show their passion for virtual meetings – through posture, energy, and hand-gestures.
- Have basic literacy when it comes to programming, data visualization, digital marketing, and design.
The session was followed by an open and interactive Q&A session with MYRA students and faculty.
This webinar was part of an ongoing series, organized by the MYRA Career Services Office. To register for the next webinar, please visit myra.ac.in/webinar.