Dr. Purba Halady Rao
Visiting Faculty - Analytics and Data Science
Dr. Purba Halady Rao has been a Professor for more than 30 years teaching and conducting research on topics such as Analytical Models in Marketing, Business Analytics, H.R. Analytics, Marketing Research, Green & Sustainable Supply Chains, Water Management concerns from the Private Sector perspective, Water & Climate Change Management, Corporate Environmental Management, Predictive Modeling in Strategic Decision Making, and Entrepreneurship Management.
She is a Doctorate in Management from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (FPM, IIMC 1976), has a M.Sc. in Applied Math from Science College, University of Calcutta and a B. Sc. In Math(honors) from Presidency College Calcutta.
COURSES TAUGHT AT MYRA
Multivariate Analysis in Business Decisions.
H. R. Analytics.
- In 1984, Dr. Rao left for the Philippines and worked for over two decades till 2009 as Full Professor at the Asian Institute of Management, AIM, Manila, Philippines.
- On return to India, she continued teaching as Visiting Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad; Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai; IIM Ranchi; and, MYRA School of Business, Mysore.
- She was included in the Top-10 Analytics academicians in India, as per survey in 2014.
- She has also taught in China in 2016 at the Fudan University, School of Economics, Shanghai, as Visiting Professor.
- Her latest book publication “Business Analytics, an application focus”, PHI, 2013, is now used as textbook for Analytics courses in many major Business Schools in India.
From 1976 to 1984, she worked in India in the following organizations:
- BHEL, Bharat Heavy Electricals, in the Corporate Strategy office (1976- 1978);
- the Efficiency Bureau at Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (1981-1984).
- Analytics in Business
- Marketing Research
- H.R. Analytics
- Green Supply Chain Management
- Climate Change Impacts
- Water Management
TRAINING & CONSULTING INTERESTS
Recent Consulting Experience: I consulted with Healthy Workplaces Project Arogya World India Trust, 2017-2018.
- “Corporate Managers and Climate Change Impacts “(January 2022) Co-authored with Anirban Das, Great Lakes Herald, Vol 14 Issue no 2.
- “Green Supply Chain Management in Hotel Azure, a case in sustainability”,(December 2020), Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems. 9(2&3):28-38.
- “Exploring Private Sector Initiatives for Adaptation to Climate Change Impacts on Water”, (2020), International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, Vol 8, Issue 1, pp: 53-63
- “Role of Managers in Development, Public Private Partnership Projects, PPPs, …perceived benefits and challenges… an empirical assessment ” (Dec 2019), co-authored with Suleiman Safdar, Great Lakes Herald, Vol 13, (2).
- “Organizational Initiatives to enhance Employee Well Being, Preventing/Reducing the Onset of Non-Communicable Diseases in the Workplace” (June 2019), International Journal of Business Ethics in Developing Economies, Vol 8(1): 1-12.
- “Green Supply Chain Management: A Study Based on SMEs in India” (May 2019), Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems. 8(1):15-24
- “Analyzing Consumer Preference for Online Booking of Tourism and Hospitality in India” (2017), co-authored with Amit Kumar, Amrit Kumar, Dipayan Chakraborty, Pallav Abhishek, Atithya: A Journal of Hospitality, Vol, 3, (2).
- “An Application of Structural Equation Modelling to Determine the Inclusion of Climate Change Topics in MBA Education”, (2017), International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, co-authored with Rahul Pulupudi and Suman Sen, Vol 5, Issue 1, April 2017.
- “Factors Affecting Customer Satisfaction in the Taxi Service Market in India”(2016), co-authored with Abdul Wahid Khan, Ambika Jangid, Ankit Bansal, Maruthappan S., Shiven Chaudhary, Vinay Tyagi, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management Volume 5 Issue 3 October 2016
- “Would Private Sector be Inclined to Take up Initiatives to Address Water Crisis in India?” (2016) co-authored with Jain, S., Millin, A., VIKALPA The Journal for Decision Makers41(2) 1–14 © 2016 Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad SAGE Publications.
- “Impact of Climate Change: Survey of Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies of Junior Corporate Executives in India”, Co-authored with Arun Thamizvanan. Vol 6, No.4. Nov 2014,International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management, Emerald, UK
- “Measuring Environmental Performance across Green Supply Chain: A managerial overview of Environmental Indicators” , Vikalpa, vol 39, number 1, Jan-March, 2014.http://www.vikalpa.com/pdf/articles/2014/vikalpa-39-1-57-74.pdf
- “Predicting the Relative Values of social entrepreneurial opportunities…. … an application in conjoint analysis” (2015) Great Lakes Herald, November
- “Applying Analytics to Sustainability Concerns, The case of Greening the Supply Chain for Small and Medium Enterprises in Chennai” (2015) Analytics India Magazine: http://analyticsindiamag.com/applying-analytics-to-sustainability-concerns/
- “Does Awareness to Climate Change lead to Behavioral Change?” Co-authored with Indrani R.Halady, 2010, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management ,Emerald, UK, (2010) Vol2. No.1.
- “A Metric for Corporate Environmental Indicators, for Small and Medium Enterprises in the Philippines” ,with Alok Singh et al.,2008,Business Strategy and Environment, John Wiley UK.
- “Greening of the Supply Chain… An Empirical Study for SMEs in the Philippines”, Spring 2007.Journal of Asia Business Studies, San Francisco, California.
- “Do Green Supply Chains lead to competitiveness and economic performance?” 2005 International Journal of Operations and Production Management, IJOPM,co-authored with Diane Holt Vol 25, N0.9
- “Greening the Supply Chain: a new initiative in Southeast Asia” Vol. 22 Nov. 2002; IJOPM – International Journal of Operations and Production Management. (IJOPM)
- “Greening Production – A South East Asian Experience” IJOPM (2004), Vol 24 No. 3, International Journal of Operations and Production Management. (IJOPM)
- FACTORS AFFECTING CONSUMER’S CHOICE TO USE MOBILE WALLET TO ACCESS M-COMMERCE INDUSTRY IN INDIA”,(2017), co-authored with Abhilasha Seam, Raja Sekhar Reddy, Snehil Agrawal, Behara Krishna Chaitanya, Himanshu Bist, Suleman Safdar, Pranav Ranjan Patil, International Journal on Customer Relations,Volume 5, Issue 1, March 2017.
- “Environmental Indicators for small and medium enterprises in the Philippines. An empirical research.”, 2005 volume 14(2006) Journal of Cleaner Production.
- “The Greening of Suppliers—in the South East Asian Context”, 2005. Journal of Cleaner Production. Volume 13. Pp: 935-945.